Dummy Derby & Brewfest
The annual Dummy Derby and Brewfest return for 2019! This demolition derby on skis is a non-pyrotechnic fireworks meets a 50-car pileup, and it’s just plain fun. It’s highly spectator friendly and no living beings are at risk! Plus, there’s a cash purse of $400 up for grabs. Derby starts at 4pm.
Before the antics, stop by the Winter Brewfest (1-5pm) and sample craft beers from around the region. Proceeds fund the free S.N.O.W. Bus.
Tickets can be purchased at Base Lodge Tickets & Info, Sportsman & Ski Haus in Kalispell, Great Northern Brewery, or online at BigMtnCommercial.org
$20 advance / $25 at the door / $5 Under 21 & Designated Drivers
*A valid ID is required to purchase tickets and to enter the event.
The S.N.O.W Bus will run during the event starting at 12:30PM running approximately every hour on the half hour from the Mountain into town.
$400 CASH PRIZE to the overall winner! The 1st Place Dummy Champion is ranked on 1/2 originality / creativity and 1/2 jump distance.
Wacky trophies awared to the following category winners:
Dummy Distance – Farthest Dummy in flight
Dummy Demo – Best Crash
Dummy Dump: Biggest splash (from inside your dummy)
Dummy Date: Sexiest Dummy (subject to harsh censorship)
Build a homemade Dummy / mannequin / humanoid / sculpture on skis or snowboards.
Each Dummy should be able to slide unassisted down a ‘fall line’ course.
Each entry must weigh under 350lbs including skis and all.
Build your entry from safe materials. – no glass, nails, oil, toxic materials…
The Dummy cannot have animals or people – live or dead.
The Dummy must be securely mounted on skis or snowboard(s).
If you are not certain if your dummy idea meets these guidelines – call to make sure (862.2910).
It is no fun if your dummy can’t make it over the jump. Here are some suggestions from the experts:
– Heavy – the weight limit is 300lbs (including water or other weight for fun).
– Low – the weight needs to be low so it doesn’t tip over as it nears the jump
– Base – have a sturdy and stable base. It should be at least 4’ square (but not more than 8’ wide). The base should provide about 6”-1’ clearance so it can go over choppy snow. Screw into base of skis/snowboards up into the frame of the dummy base. Do not use ski boots and binding, please attached skis to the base of your dummy.
– Forward – just like ski instructors say pressure forward. For your dummy make sure the weight is towards the front so he does not spin down the ‘in run’ and crash before hitting the jump.
– Aerodynamic – to keep some speed into the jump.
For more tips and ideas – “hey man watch this!”
DUMMY DROP OFF
Dummies must be brought to Gelande road (follow the signs) by 1pm the day of the event (You must park elsewhere after dropping off your dummy creation).
The event is limited to 50 participants.
Participants under 18 yrs of age must have a parent or guardian sign a liability waiver. No exceptions. Please print the Registration and Liability Waiver posted here and bring it with you.
Event Phone Number: 406.862.2910
THANKS TO OUR SPONSORS!
Dates are subject to change.