Welcome to Whitefish Mountain Resort!
- Weather: There can be 10 degrees of temperature difference between the Base Lodge (where the reception is held) and Summit (where the ceremony takes place). A light weight to medium jacket is always a good idea.
- Shoes: If you choose to ride in an open chair, your feet will dangle from the lift! Getting on and off takes place on a metal platform. Our Summit ceremony space is covered in rock gravel. Stilettos will be tricky…
- Logistics: There are two chairlifts that transport you from the Base Lodge to the Summit ceremony area. Chair 6 has only open chair lifts, no gondolas. If you don’t like that, head directly to chair 1. Chair 1 has open chairs and gondolas. Staff are on site to assist anyone needing a hand to get in and out of the gondolas.
- Food & Drinks: Drinks will be available for purchase prior to the ceremony at the Summit, until 5:30 pm. The next location for food and drinks will be the Base Lodge around 7 pm. Please plan accordingly and stay hydrated!
- Elevation: The ceremony takes place on our mountain summit at 6,718 ft.
- Order of events: Begin at the Base Lodge at 4:45 pm, drop of your gift and orient yourself to the reception space, head up Chair 6 no later than 5 pm. From the top of Chair 6, head over to Chair 1 and head to the Summit. Make sure you load Chair 1 no later than 5:40 pm. We will not load any wedding guests after 5:45 pm.