It’s YOUR Responsibility to know how to use and ride the lift safely.
- Ask the lift attendant for help if you need assistance. Smallest kids should load closest to the attendant.
- Do not use phones, music or games while loading or unloading.
- If you are not ready to slide out to wait for the chair when it is your turn, it is OK! Just stand and wait for the chair to go past and wait for the next one.
- When loading, watch for approaching chair and then sit and slide all the way to the back of the chair! If at all possible you should have your bottom to the seat bottom and your back to the seat back. If your legs are not long enough to do both, then make sure your bottom is stable on the seat bottom so you will be able to sit still for the entire ride.
- Drop something? Let it FALL. Any item dropped can be picked up later.
- Please, absolutely no horseplay on the lifts! This includes throwing snowballs and clicking your skis together to drop snow off them.
How to Ride our lifts
- Getting on: As a chair passes you at the “Wait Here” sign, move ahead quickly to the “Load Here” sign and line up evenly. When the next chair comes behind you, sit on the seat, and slide back as far as you can while keeping your bottom in a stable position on the chair.
- Riding the lift: Sit back, hold on and sit still to keep from falling from the chair and enjoy the ride to the top! No horsing around.
- Getting off: At the “Unload Here” sign it is time to get off. Stand up, and ski down the ramp. Watch for others ahead and ski around them. Move out of the way quickly, so others can unload too.
Riding the lift with kids?
Whitefish Mountain Resort does not allow guests to ski or ride while carrying infants in any type of backpack or baby carrier.
Watch this video to learn best practices for keeping the little ones safe and happy.
THIS IS A PARTIAL LIST. IT’S YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO ALWAYS BE SAFETY CONSCIOUS.