Direct flights from Denver, Minneapolis, Chicago, Seattle, Salt Lake City, San Francisco, Las Vegas, Portland, Oakland and Atlanta. Glacier Park International Airport (FCA or GPI) is just 19 miles from the resort.
The historic Whitefish Depot is a major stop for Amtrak on the Empire Builder line. The train arrives daily from points east and west including Seattle, Portland, Spokane, Chicago and Minneapolis. From the East, the train arrives just before 9pm. From the west, Amtrak arrives at 7:30am — just in time to get breakfast before hitting the hill for first chair.
Contact Flathead Travel at 406-863-3300 for Amtrak deals and sleeper car information.
The S.N.O.W. (Shuttle Network of Whitefish) Bus is convenient and free. You can find schedules at the Base Lodge Tickets & Information, throughout the resort’s village, at bus stops and you can download a PDF below.
Shuttles run from the Base Lodge to the Village as well as Hibernation House and Lodging Front Desk. There are also parking lot shuttles to take you to the Base Lodge from Willow, Willow Tail and Yew lots.
View Large Parking/Shuttle Image
(right-Click “save as” to download to your device)
Our version of a traffic jam is a herd of elk on the road. Driving to Whitefish is easy.
- Take US-93 North or South to downtown Whitefish.
- Turn north onto Baker Avenue and continue over the viaduct. Baker Avenue turns into Wisconsin Avenue. Wisconsin Avenue turns into East Lakeshore Drive.
- Turn right onto Big Mountain Road (look for the flashing yellow caution light over the road at the intersection).
- Follow Big Mountain Road approximately 5 miles.
- Turn right on Glades Drive across from the “Welcome” sign (look for the directional brown signs that say Base Lodge. If you pass under the skier bridge, you’ve gone too far).
- Follow Glades Drive to the Willow Parking Lot for free parking.
- Follow Big Mountain Road to the Upper Village (continue driving past Glades drive and under the skier bridge. Continue past Kandahar Lodge).
- Go around the Upper Village round-a-bout and park in Lodging Check-In temporary parking.
- Lodging Check-In is located on the Kintla Lodge boardwalk (look for the sign).