Tips for Responsible Lift Use
It is your responsibility to know how to use and ride the lift safely.
- Ask the lift attendant for help if you need assistance. Smallest kids should load closest to the attendant.
- Do not use phones, music or games while loading or unloading. Make sure pack straps and loose clothing does not get caught on the chair. Removing your pack is recommended.
- If you are not ready to walk out to the chair when it is your turn, it is OK! Just stand and wait for the chair to go past and wait for the next one.
- When loading, watch for approaching chair and then sit and slide all the way to the back of the chair! If at all possible you should have your bottom to the seat bottom and your back to the seat back. If your legs are not long enough to do both, then make sure your bottom is stable on the seat bottom so you will be able to sit still for the entire ride.
- Drop something? Let it FALL. Any item dropped can be picked up later.
- There is absolutely no horseplay allowed on any lifts.
- NO SMOKING ON THE LIFT! Wildfires are a reality here. Help prevent fires and be responsible.
How to Ride our lifts
- Getting on: As a chair passes you at the “Wait Here” sign, move ahead quickly to the “Load Here” sign and line up evenly. When the next chair comes behind you, sit on the seat, and slide back as far as you can while keeping your bottom in a stable position on the chair.
- Riding the lift: Sit back, hold on and sit still to keep from falling from the chair and to enjoy the ride to the top.
- Approaching the unload ramp: Lift your feet as you approach the unload area.
- Getting off: At the “Unload Here” sign it is time to get off. Stand up, and walk forward and down the ramp. Move out of the way quickly, so others can unload too.
- If you have ANY questions, ask the lift attendant. They will answer any questions and instruct you on the proper way to load and ride the lift. If you have any special needs, let us know.