Whitefish Mountain Resort is one of the most prolific and easy to access destinations for huckleberry picking in the northwest. Once the berries start showing up this summer, check here for updates on where to find the purple gold.
What to bring with you huckleberry picking:
- Container(s) in which to carry your huckleberries.
- Water & snacks (at altitude it’s important to be well hydrated and fed).
- Sunscreen & rain gear (you know what they say about the weather, “Wait 15 minutes it will change”).
- Bear spray (if you are picking hucks you are by definition in bear country).
- A friend (someone you can chat with and help keep the bears aware of your presence).