Groups of 20+ save up to 20% on activities.
Our Alpine Slide and Spider Monkey Mountain are also available as a private rental. Invite your guests to a party they’ll never forget!
We understand that your summer wedding plans may have been interrupted, which is why we’re happy to offer a new elopement package, unique to 2020. Hold your ceremony only event after hours at the Summit with Glacier National Park as your backdrop. For more information, or to inquire about available dates, please email email@example.com
Whitefish Mountain Resort Wedding Packages include: ceremony location, reception venue, white linens, polished glassware and silverware, tables, chairs, dance floor, catering staff, bar set-up and staff, PA equipment if needed, bridal staging area, weather back-up options, discounted on-mountain lodging, group discounts on activities, unlimited self-parking, and more!
We are available for weddings mid-June through mid-September. Please complete the form below, or contact a Wedding Specialist for more information and a customized proposal.
We are currently booking for 2020 and 2021 weddings.
Wedding Guest Information
- Weather: There can be 10 degrees of temperature difference between the Base Lodge (where the reception is held) and Summit (where the ceremony takes place). A light weight to medium jacket is always a good idea.
- Shoes: If you choose to ride in an open chair, your feet will dangle from the lift! Getting on and off takes place on a metal platform. Our Summit ceremony space is covered in rock gravel. Stilettos will be tricky…
- Logistics: There are two chairlifts that transport you from the Base Lodge to the Summit ceremony area. Chair 6 has only open chair lifts, no gondolas. If you don’t like that, head directly to chair 1. Chair 1 has open chairs and gondolas. Staff are on site to assist anyone needing a hand to get in and out of the gondolas.
- Food & Drinks: Drinks will be available for purchase prior to the ceremony at the Summit, until 5:30 pm. The next location for food and drinks will be the Base Lodge around 7 pm. Please plan accordingly and stay hydrated!
- Elevation: The ceremony takes place on our mountain summit at 6,718 ft.
- Order of events: Begin at the Base Lodge at 4:45 pm, drop of your gift and orient yourself to the reception space, head up Chair 6 no later than 5 pm. From the top of Chair 6, head over to Chair 1 and head to the Summit. Make sure you load Chair 1 no later than 5:40 pm. We will not load any wedding guests after 5:45 pm.
Enjoy the scenery, our wedding coordinator will let you know when it’s time to take your seat.
Venues and Amenities
Glacier National Park is the backdrop to your mountaintop ceremony at Whitefish Mountain Resort’s summit. Arrive by chairlift or enclosed gondola, and enjoy views of the entire Flathead Valley while you say, “I do.”
Host your reception at the beautiful Base Lodge at Whitefish Mountain Resort. Recently remodeled, the Base Lodge features rustic lighting and decor, a beautiful outdoor patio including a stone gas fire pit, and views of the lower slopes. The Base Lodge area is also available for ceremonies.
Base Lodge capacity: up to 200 people
Full Service Catering
Whether you’re looking for an exclusive plated dinner or a classy buffet, your vision will be delivered with attentive and friendly service from our catering staff. Under the guidance of Executive Chef Nick Cantoni, your guests will be impressed with an amazing dining experience.
All wedding guests receive 15% off. Visit our Lodging page for more information.
Elopements at Whitefish Mountain Resort
Whitefish Mountain Resort offers an elopement package for groups of up to 40 guests on days that another wedding is not scheduled, from mid-June through mid-September. Prior arrangement with our Group Sales Department is required. Please inquire by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
First Looks & Wedding Photos at Whitefish Mountain Resort
Couples who have booked their ceremony and reception with Whitefish Mountain Resort have reserved exclusive access to the mountain on their wedding day. If you are not getting married with us, but you are planning to come to our resort for photos, first-looks, or any other reason, please reach out to us directly by calling 406-862-1952 or emailing email@example.com to confirm timing and availability. If you do not reach out to us, we do reserve the right to turn your group away at the lift.