For information on passport requirements and other international travel information please reference the department of travel’s website
Explore Whitefish yourself to learn more.
Base Lodge Tickets & Information
Base Lodge address: 1015 Glades Drive, Whitefish, MT 59937 | 406-862-2900
- April 10 through June 16: Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm
- June 17 through September 4: open daily, 8am – 6pm
- September 5 through September 24: Monday – Thursday, 9am – 5pm; Friday – Sunday, 8am – 6pm
Whitefish Mountain Resort Lodging Check-In
Check-in address: 3889 Big Mountain Rd, Whitefish, MT 59937 | 406-862-3687
- April 10 through June 15: open daily, 8am – 6pm
- June 16 through September 4: open daily, 8am – 11pm
The historic Whitefish Depot is a major stop for Amtrak on the Empire Builder line. The train arrives daily from points east and west including Seattle, Portland, Spokane, Chicago and Minneapolis. From the East, the train arrives just before 9pm. From the west, Amtrak arrives at 7:30am — just in time to get breakfast before hitting the hill for first chair.
Contact Flathead Travel at 406-863-3300 for Amtrak deals and sleeper car information.
Our version of a traffic jam is a herd of elk on the road. Driving to Whitefish is easy.
Directions from downtown Whitefish:
- Take US-93 North or South to downtown Whitefish.
- Turn north onto Baker Avenue and continue over the viaduct. Baker Avenue turns into Wisconsin Avenue. Wisconsin Avenue turns into East Lakeshore Drive.
- Turn right onto Big Mountain Road (look for the flashing yellow caution light over the road at the intersection).
- Follow Big Mountain Road approximately 5 miles.
If you’re heading to the Base Lodge (rentals, lift tickets, activities)…
- Turn right on Glades Drive across from the “Welcome” sign (look for the directional brown signs that say Base Lodge. If you pass under the skier bridge, you’ve gone too far).
- Follow Glades Drive to the Willow Parking Lot for free parking.
If you’re checking in to Whitefish Mountain Resort Lodging…
- Follow Big Mountain Road to the Upper Village (continue driving past Glades drive and under the skier bridge. Continue past Kandahar Lodge).
- Go around the Upper Village round-a-bout and park in Lodging Check-In temporary parking.
- Lodging Check-In is located on the Kintla Lodge boardwalk (look for the sign).
Shuttles run from the Base Lodge to the Village as well as Hibernation House and Lodging Front Desk. During winter, there are also parking lot shuttles to take you to the Base Lodge from Willow, Willow Tail and Yew lots.
View Large Parking/Shuttle Map
(right-Click “save as” to download to your device)
The S.N.O.W. (Shuttle Network of Whitefish) Bus is convenient and free. You can find schedules at Base Lodge Tickets & Information, throughout the resort’s village, at bus stops, or you can view and download the schedule below.