Whitefish is a real Montana town with a friendly vibe that boasts world-class restaurants, a vibrant night life, eclectic shopping, two theater companies and so much more. Explore Whitefish yourself to learn more.
For more information on passport requirements and other international travel information please reference the department of travel’s website
If you’ve got GPS, just punch in 48º 26’ 22.87” -114º 21’ 10.65” and that will take you to Big Mountain Road.
Glacier Park International Airport (FCA) is just 19 miles from Whitefish Mountain Resort. The airport is served daily with flights connecting from Minneapolis (MSP) and Salt Lake City (SLC) (via Delta/Skywest), and Seattle (SEA) (Alaska/Horizon). Allegiant Air provides twice weekly flights to Las Vegas. Delta also offers non-stop summer service from Atlanta (ATL). United Express provides year-round service from Denver (DEN) and winter/summer weekly Saturday direct service from Chicago (ORD).
The historic Whitefish Depot is a major stop for Amtrak on the Empire Builder line. The train arrives daily from points east and west including Seattle, Portland, Spokane, Chicago and Minneapolis. From the East, the train arrives just before 9pm. From the west, Amtrak arrives at 7:30am — just in time to get breakfast before hitting the hill for first chair.
Contact Flathead Travel at 406-863-3300 for Amtrak deals and sleeper car information.
Our version of a traffic jam is a herd of elk on the road. Driving to Whitefish is easy.
If you’ve got GPS, just punch in 48º 26’ 22.87” -114º 21’ 10.65” and that will take you to Big Mountain Road. Or Google Map it.
- Take US-93 North or South to downtown Whitefish
- Turn North onto Baker Avenue over the Viaduct. Baker turns into Wisconsin Ave/Mt-487
- Turn Right on Big Mountain Road
Hint: Look for the flashing yellow caution light over the road
- Follow Big Mountain Road approx 5 miles.
- If you’re heading to the Base Lodge (rentals, lift tickets, activities)…
- Turn RIGHT on Glades Dr. across from the Welcome Sign
Hint #1: Look for the directional brown signs that say Base Lodge
Hint #2: if you pass under the skier bridge, you’ve gone too far
- Follow Glades Drive to the Willow Parking Lot for free parking
- If you’re checking in to Whitefish Mountain Resort Lodging…
- Follow Big Mountain Road to the Upper Village.
- Go around the round-a-bout and park in Lodging Check-In temporary parking.
- Lodging Check-In is located in the Kintla Lodge – look for the sign
The free Village Shuttle runs from the Base Lodge to the Village as well as the Hibernation House and the Lodging Front Desk during the winter season. The Base Lodge Shuttle stops in the lower parking lots for a quick ride to The Base Lodge. Call the Lodging Front Desk at 406-862-3687 for more information or to arrange an after-hours pick-up.
It’s easy to get from various places in Whitefish to the ski resort with the free SNOW (Shuttle Network Of Whitefish) Bus. Downtown is just 8 miles from the slopes.