For more information on passport requirements and other international travel information please reference the department of travel’s website
Explore Whitefish yourself to learn more.
Base Lodge Tickets & Information
Base Lodge Address: 1015 Glades Drive Whitefish, MT 59937 | 406-862-2900
- October 1 through December 6: Monday – Saturday, 9am – 5pm
- December 7 through April 9: open daily, 8:30am – 5pm
Whitefish Mountain Resort Lodging Check-In
Check-in address: 3889 Big Mountain Road Whitefish, MT 59937 | 406-862-3687
- October 1 through December 6: open daily, 8am – 6pm; CLOSED Thanksgiving Day
- December 7 through April 9: open daily, 24 hours
The historic Whitefish Depot is a major stop for Amtrak on the Empire Builder line. The train arrives daily from points east and west including Seattle, Portland, Spokane, Chicago and Minneapolis. From the East, the train arrives just before 9pm. From the west, Amtrak arrives at 7:30am — just in time to get breakfast before hitting the hill for first chair.
Contact Flathead Travel at 406-863-3300 for Amtrak deals and sleeper car information.
Our version of a traffic jam is a herd of elk on the road. Driving to Whitefish is easy.
In town old school direction:
- Take US-93 North or South to downtown Whitefish
- Turn North onto Baker Avenue over the Viaduct. Baker turns into Wisconsin Ave/Mt-487
- Turn Right on Big Mountain Road
Hint: Look for the flashing yellow caution light over the road
- Follow Big Mountain Road approx 5 miles.
- If you’re heading to the Base Lodge (rentals, lift tickets, activities)…
- Turn RIGHT on Glades Dr. across from the Welcome Sign
Hint #1: Look for the directional brown signs that say Base Lodge
Hint #2: if you pass under the skier bridge, you’ve gone too far
- Follow Glades Drive to the Willow Parking Lot for free parking
- If you’re checking in to Whitefish Mountain Resort Lodging…
- Follow Big Mountain Road to the Upper Village.
- Go around the round-a-bout and park in Lodging Check-In temporary parking.
- Lodging Check-In is located in the Kintla Lodge – look for the sign
Shuttles run from the Base Lodge to the Village as well as Hibernation House and Lodging Front Desk. There are also parking lot shuttles to take you to the Base Lodge from Willow, Willow Tail and Yew lots.
View Large Parking/Shuttle Image
(right-Click “save as” to download to your device)
The SNOW (Shuttle Network of Whitefish) Bus is convenient and free. You can find schedules at the Base Lodge Tickets & Information, throughout the resort’s village, at bus stops and you can download a PDF below.