Whitefish Mountain Resort’s Annual Pond Skim
April 8th 2017
We end the season with a splash! The most fun event of the year is back!
Ski or Snowboard over a custom built pond (costume mandatory) for a chance at a $1050 Cash Purse.
This event always sells out for competitors and we have had upwards of 2000 spectators. Come and end the season with the best end of season throw down around!
Planning on making it a weekend in Whitefish? Click here for closing-weekend lodging specials and here for discount lift tickets.
- Pre-register online before 10am on the day of the event.
- Maximum 60 Skimmers. You MUST wear a real costume or your entry will be refunded and we will take someone from the waiting list.
- Day-of registration is $40, and available at the Pond Skim Venue only if space remains.
- Day-of entries will be chosen based on best costume – at 1:30pm sharp.
- Even if you pre-register you must check in at 1:30pm at the bottom of Chair 1 on the day of the event to claim your t-shirt and bag of swag!
- Pre-registration Price – $30. T-SHIRT INCLUDED. Size guaranteed if you register by March 20th.
- Day-of Registration Price – Cash or check only. $40 and you may get a XXS pink shirt so why don’t you just pre-register? Located at the pond.
- 1:30pm all participants at the pond / checked in at registration in costume.
- 2:00pm competitors meeting
- 2:30pm Start
- Awards 30 minutes after final skim (about 4:30)
Event Format and Rules
- Round #1- everyone will try to skim across the pond. Those who make it across will advance to the next round.
- Round #2- remaining skimmers go over jump before entering the pond. Those who make it across the pond after the obstacle will advance to the next round.
- Round #3- remaining skimmers will enter the pond switch! Farthest skimmer is the winner.
Rules (Yes, there are rules.)
- Participants must have skis or snowboards appropriately worn (normally mounted).
- Costumes are required and will be judged in a category by itself.
- Skimmers must start in the order determined by the starter.
- The Pond Skim is open to all competitors 16yrs and older.
- All drinks must be in a plastic container (no glass or bottles or blatant-over-the-top-drinking).
- No one visibly drunk will be allowed to participate.
- $300 Pond Skim Ski Winner (Male or Female)
- $300 Pond Skim Snowboard Winner (Male or Female)
- $150 Pond Skim 2nd Place (Opposite gender of above winners – Ski or Board)
- $150 Best Costume
- $50 Best Crash
- $50 Best Skimmer Under 21
- $50 Best Skimmer Using Alternative Gear (Mono ski cross country skis ski blades etc. NO SLEDS!!!)
To be held at the pond 30 minutes after last skim at the pond.
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Event Phone Number: (406) 862.2910
To see other events being held at Whitefish Mountain Resort, visit: http://skiwhitefish.com/events/
Do WMR Employees receive a discount?
***EMPLOYEES – When you pre-register online you will receive a 50% refund at registration on event day
Are there ID requirements or an age limit to enter the event?
All skiers and snowboarders must be at least 8 years old and have a parent / guardian sign an assumption of risk policy prior to competing.
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
A shuttle will operate in the upper village areas, and all parking lots will be open through the event. The SNOW Bus will also operate between Whitefish and the WMR Village.
Is my registration/ticket transferrable?
No. You can easily request a full refund prior to the day of the event. New registrations must be completed by the competitor / guardian.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
No. I’ll be honest, it is nice but it is not necessary.
What is the refund policy?
If you cannot make it to the event for any reason, no problem. Just cancel your order by midnight prior to the event for a full refund. Any no show or cancellation on the day of the event will be provided a 50% refund.