- This event has passed.
2017 Wednesday Night Race League – Week 8 – Finals/Costume Night
March 8, 2017 @ 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
WEDNESDAY NIGHT RACE LEAGUE
>>> Download Results PDF <<<
WNRL is a low key racing environment based more on having fun and less about glory.
There are two leagues this year, one 8 week league of Dual Giant Slalom Racing and another 4 week league of SkiMO (Skin up, ski down). All races are now from 6pm – 7:30 pm to create a better community and give you a chance to finish work.
8 weeks of Dual Giant Slalom Racing from Jan 18 – Mar 8.
- The traditional race league is open to alpine, snowboard and telemarkers. Take one run down each of two race courses, combined times win. Race your buddy or race the clock or just see where you stack up.
4 weeks of Ski Mountaineering Races from Jan 18 – Feb 8.
- This will offer folks a chance to try this growing sport or event to help gain some experience and training for those competing in the Whitefish Whiteout February 11.The new SkiMo League requires skins, a headlamp, and some wayfinding ability. Courses will be marked in the chair 3 to upper chair 2 areas and consist of loops where beginner may choose fewer loops than experienced skimo racers.
A big thanks to the Bierstube and Great Northern Brewery for helping to host a fun awards/high five ceremony afterwards. There will be a raffle, and a little food and beer provided for the racers. Skiing + apres race party at the stube = good times
REGISTRATION AND FEES
Pre-registration – Save time and money
- Pre-registration – Single event – $15.
- Pre-registration – Season– 8 events for only $55.
- Pre-registration – Season- 4 SKIMO League Events – $40
- Each pre-registered participant will still need to check-in prior to racing.
- Online Registration Deadline will close at 4:30pm on the day of the event.
Day of event registration – Located at the Events Office in the Upper Village area (map attached).
- Single event – registering in person the day of the event – $20
- Season Long Registration for 8 Giant Slalom Races – $69
- Season Long Registration for 4 SkiMo Races – $50
Participants under 18 years of age must have a parent or guardian sign waiver of liability. This can also be done through online registration. No Exceptions.
DAY OF RACE REGISTRATION LOCATION and TIMES
Weeks 1-4 (Jan 18 – Feb 8)
- Located at the events office at the bottom of the race course / Ed’s Run
- 4:30 – 6pm. It will be open until 6:30 for week 1.
- Online registration and discounts end at 4:30 on race day.
Weeks 5 – 8 (Feb 15-Mar 8)
- No Day of Registration Available.
- Online registration only, closes at 4:30 each race day.
- 6pm – 730 pm Racing.
- 8pm – 9pm ish Party Awards & Raffle at the Bierstube
- January 18 – Seed Night. One run time trial. (Registration and racing will be open a little later – 8pm- for your convenience)
- March 8 – Final Race and Costume Night. Speed Suits don’t count as costumes!
It is possible, but not mandatory, to race as part of a team. Teams are assigned points based on established ski racing points systems and winning teams are recognized at awards.
Teams can include 5-7 racers, and at least one must be female to qualify.
Teams are not calculated until week 2, so be sure to join or create a team by the end of the first race. Just let us know at registration / check in.
What is the cancellation / refund policy?
If you cannot make it to the event for any reason, no problem.
What are my transport options getting to the event?
The SNOW Bus will also operate between Whitefish and Whitefish Mountain Resort.
Is my registration/ticket transferrable?
No. You can easily request a full refund prior to the day of the event. New registrations must be completed by the competitor / gaurdian.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
No. I’ll be honest, it is nice but it is not necessary.
Do WMR Employees / families receive a discount?
Pre-register online to recieve a 50% refund. (Credit card refunded)
Are there ID requirements or an age limit to enter the event?
All skiers and snowboarders must be at least 8 years old and have a parent / guardian sign an assumption of risk policy prior to competing.
Please contact our events department at
406.862.2910 or email@example.com
To see other Whitefish Mountain Resort events, visit: http://skiwhitefish.com/events/
Dates are subject to change.