Welcome to Whitefish
- There are many ways to get to Whitefish. Glacier Park International Airport is just 19 miles from Whitefish Mountain Resort; the Amtrak station is even closer; and the drive from all directions is beautiful.
- Choose from one of more than 200 on-mountain condominiums, mountain homes, and hotel rooms. Be sure to check out our lodging specials and packages page for discounts on lodging and tickets or activities.
- Check out on-mountain restaurants and shops, as well as great offerings in the town of Whitefish.
- Sign up for The Big, our bi-monthly email newsletter, to keep up with events, activities and more as you prepare for your trip. You can also sign up for last-minute lodging deals, the snow report or press releases.
- It’s called Big Mountain for a reason. With 3,000 acres to choose from in winter and a myriad of different activities to choose from in summer, our helpful employees will help point you in the right direction for your perfect trip to the mountain. Contact us before you arrive, or stop by Base Lodge Tickets & Information located on level 2, year-round. Or, look for one of our on-mountain Ambassadors (they’re the ones in the yellow jackets) in winter.
- Sign up for a Learn to Bike Downhill lesson. This package includes a two-hour downhill mountain bike rental, protective gear including a full-face helmet, a Bad Rock Zone lift ticket, and a two-hour downhill mountain bike lesson.
- Explore the Whitefish Bike Park. With more than 30 miles of lift-accessed and cross-country trails ranging from beginner to expert, there’s something for everyone.
- Fly high on a Zip Line Tour and take in unparalleled views of nearby mountain ranges and the Flathead Valley. We offer 5- and 7-Zip Tours daily in the summer.
- Explore off-mountain activities in and around Whitefish. Enjoy fly-fishing trips, river rafting, horseback riding adventures and more.
- Beginners should consider our affordable Learn to Ski or Ride package. It includes two days of equipment rentals, two days of beginner-area lift tickets, and two half-day lessons. It’s absolutely the best way to learn and to have fun on snow without breaking the bank.
- Sign up for a Ski & Ride School lesson. Taking a lesson is the best way to ensure you’ll have fun during your ski vacation, and even experts can benefit from a few tips on powder skiing, park riding, or other advanced techniques.
- The free S.N.O.W Bus runs daily in the winter, making it easy to take advantage of everything the resort and town has to offer without having to worry about driving.
- Join one of our on-mountain Ambassadors for a free mountain tour— offered daily at 10:30am and 1:30pm. Get the inside scoop on our vast terrain.