We’ve put together a few tips to get you started, but don’t hesitate to call our vacation planning specialists at 877-SKI-FISH when you start to get excited.
- Our Kids Center is huge, professionally run, and convenient, with a range of child care and ski and play options for your kids. Located on Level II of the Base Lodge, they offer programs for kids of all ages (including infants if you call ahead and make a reservation).
- Check out our Ski and Stay specials page. Any package that offers free days of lifts and lodging applies to everyone who’s staying with you, making it perfect for families staying together.
- We’ve got plenty to do for everyone in the group, including non-skiers. Check out the activities page to get started, and then the Explore Whitefish site for even more options.
- Trust us: loved ones should never attempt to teach each other to ski or snowboard. Avoid the frustration and take a lesson from a professional. 2-day Learn-to-Ski/Ride packages are just $75, and a private lesson can include up to 5 people if you choose.
- Need to convince the kids this place is legit? Our terrain parks are pretty radical, and it doesn’t take long seeing our winter videos to see that our powder days are second to none.
- Make sure to check the calendar of events for family-friendly festivals and competitions, like the Christmas Cruise, the Dummy Derby, and the Pond Skim where it ain’t over ’til every skimmer is a swimmer!
Set up your base camp at Whitefish Mountain Resort and give the entire family lots to look forward to. Kids from 1 to 101 love the addictingly fun Alpine Slide and the Scenic Lift Rides to the Summit of Big Mountain. The Walk in the Treetops canopy tour combines a little excitement with an educational experience. And if they’re seeking an even more thrilling experience, the Zip Line Tour sends riders more than 300′ off the ground and up to 50 mph, while 23 miles of downhill and cross-country mountain bike trails will satisfy even the most serious adrenaline junkie.
All this is right outside your back door when you stay on-mountain, with Downtown Whitefish’s amazing dining and nightlife, Glacier National Park, whitewater rafting, fly fishing, and more just minutes away.
Inspired? Call our friendly, on-mountain vacation planning specialists at 877-SKI-FISH and get started planning your perfect family getaway.
Forage Like a Bear
Grab a pail, plastic bag, or just your appetite and go huckleberry picking. Huckleberries (blueberries’ better-tasting, purple cousins) begin to ripen in mid-July and usually last through September. And one of the best places in the area to search them out? The Danny On Hiking Trail, which conveniently has a restaurant sitting at the top and a lift to give you a ride down. Other edible treats keep your eye out for: wild strawberries and thimbleberries.
Ditch the Tent
Our multi-room condos, cabins and town homes give you much needed elbow room if part of your vacation involves sleeping on the ground with 6 people stuffed into a 4-person tent. We also have free RV parking (no hookups) if that suits your fancy.
The Summit Nature Center in the lower level of the Summit House is a fun learning experience. During July and August daily wildflower and nature discovery hikes are offered for free by a naturalist. Kids can also test their knowledge in footprints and pelts and become an honorary Junior Forest Ranger.