Welcome to Whitefish Mountain Resort!
Going somewhere for the first time can be intimidating. Don’t worry, we’re here to help. Check out the list below for some quick steps to get yourself pointed to Whitefish.
- Hey smart phone users… we’ve got Ski Whitefish apps now! They will certainly ease your way during your first visit here.
- Find out how to get here. The airport is only 19 miles from the slopes, the Amtrak station is even closer, & the drive from all directions is beautiful.
- Choose from one of more than 200 on-mountain condominiums, mountain homes, & hotel rooms available for rent & check out the Ski & Stay Specials for unbeatable deals on lift tickets & lodging.
- Beginners should consider our extremely affordable learn-to-ski/ride package. It includes 2 days of equipment rentals, 2 days of beginner area lift tickets, & your choice of 2 out of 4 1/2-day lessons offered during those 2 days. It’s absolutely the best way to learn to have fun on snow without breaking the bank.
- Think about a lesson from our Ski & Ride School. Taking a lesson is the best way to ensure you’ll have fun during your ski vacation, & even experts can benefit from a few tips on powder skiing, park riding, or other advanced techniques.
- They call it Big Mountain for a reason with 3,000 acres to choose from. Utilize our on-mountain Ambassador program with daily tours at 10:30am & 1:30pm & let them unlock for you the secrets of our vast terrain.
- Explore dining & shopping options on the mountain & in downtown Whitefish. The free SNOW Bus runs daily throughout the winter, making it easy to take advantage of all the resort & the town have to offer without having to worry about driving.
- Think about winter activities or summer activities you & your travel companions might enjoy other than skiing & snowboarding, such as snowmobile or dog sled tours, guided treks into Glacier National Park, spa treatments & massages, & backcountry cat skiing.
- Sign up for ‘The Big‘, our entertaining email newsletter to keep up with events, activities, & more as you prepare for your trip. Archives of the newsletter are on the Press Center page if you’d like to see what you’re getting into before you subscribe.
- We’ll see you on the hill.