1ST TIMERS We'll walk you through it.
Going somewhere for the first time can be intimidating. Don't worry, we're here to help. Check out the list below for some quick steps to get yourself pointed to Whitefish.
- Hey smart phone users... we've got Ski Whitefish apps now! They will certainly ease your way during your first visit here.
- Find out how to get here. The airport is only 19 miles from the slopes, the Amtrak station is even closer, and the drive from all directions is beautiful.
- Choose from one of more than 200 on-mountain condominiums, mountain homes, and hotel rooms available for rent and check out the Ski & Stay Specials for unbeatable deals on lift tickets and lodging.
- Beginners should consider our extremely affordable learn-to-ski/ride package. It includes 2 days of equipment rentals, 2 days of beginner area lift tickets, and your choice of 2 out of 4 1/2-day lessons offered during those 2 days. It's absolutely the best way to learn to have fun on snow without breaking the bank.
- Think about a lesson from our Ski & Snowboard School. Taking a lesson is the best way to ensure you'll have fun during your ski vacation, and even experts can benefit from a few tips on powder skiing, park riding, or other advanced techniques.
- They call it Big Mountain for a reason with 3,000 acres to choose from. Utilize our on-mountain Ambassador program with daily tours at 10:30am & 1:30pm and let them unlock for you the secrets of our vast terrain.
- Explore dining and nightlife options on the mountain and in downtown Whitefish. The free SNOW Bus runs daily throughout the winter, making it easy to take advantage of all the resort and the town have to offer without having to worry about driving.
- Think about activities you and your travel companions might enjoy other than skiing and snowboarding, such as snowmobile or dog sled tours, guided treks into Glacier National Park, spa treatments and massages, and backcountry cat skiing.
- Sign up for 'The Big', our entertaining email newsletter to keep up with events, activities, and more as you prepare for your trip. Archives of the newsletter are kept here if you'd like to see what you're getting into before you subscribe.
- We'll see you on the hill.