GENERAL EVENT INFO:
WNRL is an 8 week series offering Giant Slalom racing in the evening for those who would like to try racing gates with their friends or those who have been racing their whole lives. The course is on Ed's Run and consists of about 15 gates on a dual course for some righteous head to head ski racing. The Race Course is accessible from T-Bar 1 just uphill from Ed and Mully's.
We need up to 4 volunteers each night for race leagues. Please call 862-2910 to reserve your spot. This is a great way to get a FREE lift ticket but you need to call in advance.
NIGHT LEAGUE CHANGES
We continue to improve race leagues. You spoke, we listened. Here is what is new starting Jan 2015.
- Teams are back baby! Up to 7 racers per team, with at least one woman racing per week. Scoring details will be available at week one.
- Party at the Stube – Great Northern Brewery will be sponsoring WNRL again, and beer is good.
- Shorter race schedule. Race anytime from 4-7 with awards happening by 7:30 or 8.
- Improved Lighting. Starting on skiers left, directly under the lights to provide a better lit course than before.
- More Categories – divided by age and by ability. If you want to race against the fast guys or if you want to race in the beer division… choose your poison!
- Alpine and Telemark skiers race the same courses. More racers, more competition, more beer, more fun.
Pre-registration – Click HERE to pre-register online.
Day of Registration for Week 1 – 3 (Jan 14-Jan 28)– at the events office at the bottom of the race course / Ed’s Run. See attached map.
Registration for week 4-7 - online registration only.
Wednesday Evenings from Jan 14 – March 4
3-4pm - Course Setting
3:30–6pm - Register/ Pick up your lift ticket at the Events Office (WEEK 1 ONLY)
4-7 pm - Dual GS Racing.
7:30pm - Party Awards & Raffle at the Bierstube
January 14 - Seed Night. One run time trial.
February 25 – Special Race Course – Telemark features? Higher Start? Stay tuned…
March 4 - Final Race and Costume Night. Speed Suits don't count!
REGISTRATION INFO AND FEES
$55 for the season (8 weeks), if you register onlineby noon on 1/13.
$20 for a single race.
Click the 'Register Now' button above to get the discount. You can register online for the season or for an individual race.
Day of Registration (1/14)
$65 for the season (8 weeks)
$20 for a single race (3-5pm - located at the timing shack at the bottom of the course you will have to walk uphill a bit)
Participants under 18 years of age must have a parent or guardian sign waiver of liability. This can also be done through online registration. No Exceptions.
Event Phone Number:862.2910
Thanks to our local sponsors: ISO Float, Glacier Distilling, Buffalo Café, Amazing Crepes, Central Ave. Bakery & Café, Casey’s Bar and Grill, Pin & Cue, MacKenzie River Pizza Company
Week 1 Results